This is the life

Things are just going really well. Sometimes when I feel really content I worry that the shoe is about to drop. (Is it the shoe is about to drop or the foot?) I'm going to tell that feeling to take a hike. God is good - All the time.

Take this weekend for example. Friday my mom-in-law and sister-in-law (do these titles bother anyone else? I hate adding the "in-law" part...)...let's try again...Friday, my Red Deer mom and sister heard that Jared had to work late ( they heard because I told them) and decided to bring dinner over so I wouldn't have to be alone with Norah. Come Friday afternoon Jared's meeting was canceled and so we all had dinner together! Yay! Salmon and really tasty veggies that involved loads of garlic, wine and arugula. I have decided arugula is my new favorite green to add to everything. I especially enjoy tossing it in hot dishes right at the very end until just wilted. Yum!

Saturday rolls around with nothing on the agenda. We laze around drinking coffee and eating cereal and then decide to head out into the Alberta winter for some thrift store shopping and library visiting. I love thrift stores. I could get lost in them forever. I love the thrill of possibly finding a treasure for .99 cents. The library was fun too. Norah went running through the doors squealing, which delighted the cute old security lady that sits by the front desk. We then took Norah for her first trip to a public bathroom...and she peed! Potty training continues.

We head home for lunch and put Norah down for a nap. Jared and I attempt to play some really lame Wii games we rented from the library but end up watching Bones. I love that show. I have for years. If you know anything about it, I really feel a lot like Brennan. Not in the 'super smart forensic anthropologist way', but in the ' has trouble identifying and embracing emotion over reason' way.

After Bones, Jared and I attempt to bake together but get into a really serious conversation about Love and Life. I struggle to accept verbal or physical displays of affection. I need to work on that. I need to be okay with sappy. Actually, the first step would probably be finding a different word to use other than sappy. I don't know what it will look like, but I am going to try and get a better grip on this. Maybe I need to have a looser grip. I don't know!

Moving on...we ended our day with finger painting and pancake making. We created a family masterpiece tonight that I play on framing and hanging in my hallway.




The best part of it all is that the weekend is only half over. More to come!

Comments

Popular Posts