What can I do?

I have begun to weary of the question, "Mom, what can I do?" Many times a day Norah feels it necessary to ask me to come up with a plan for her next hour. Jared says it's my own fault for having good ideas and setting the bar high. My fault or not, I'm sick of it. So....

I have two plans of attack. 

#1:

"What can I do" tickets. She'll get 2 a day. They will hang on the fridge and I'll require one for every suggestion I give. When she runs out, "Oh sorry honey, you're out of tickets. I'll help you come up with an idea again tomorrow."


#2:

I've begun to create an album on my iPad that has pictures of Norah's toys and various activities. Most pictures I already had - her playing Barbie, play dough creations, building a snowman etc. Now when she needs an idea she can scroll through the photos for reminders of just how many awesome options she has! 



I hope this helps - I'll let you know! Any other ideas? 

Comments

Popular Posts