Snow


There is snow everywhere! I told Jared yesterday that the snow makes our yard look so good; uniform - clean and tidy. I can't help but think of Jesus washing us whiter than snow. I am so glad for that blank slate. I am nothing without Him, but find everything in Him. Life and death have so much more purpose in the light of Christ.

I had a hundred things I should have (could have) done during Norah's nap today, but instead watched the recording of the celebration of life service for Ezra. Ezra was the little boy in Florida who was battling cancer and whose life has been used by God to move me and thousands of others. He passed away last week and today I took the time to watch his service.

Friends: in this moment of conviction I need to say that life is nothing without Christ. We are but a vapor. Do you know how quickly a vapor disappears and is forgotten? Oh God please help me to be discontent with anything but a life lived for you!

My challenge throughout this prairie winter will be to see snow as a reminder of my blank slate.


Comments

  1. Hi cousin! I just read this and am thankful for it. I often grumble about the snow (mainly the driving through it to work), but I think I'll be looking at it a little bit differently this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note!

Popular Posts