Around My Home

Allow me to take you on a photo tour of my home...




 I've decided to take violin lessons. I started playing the violin in 4th grade. My level is higher than a fourth grader, but maybe not by much. I've always wanted to improve. My teacher is Romanian. I was secretly hoping she would be like those super strict stereotypical Russian Ballet teachers you see in movies. She smiles a lot more than the stereotype, but let's just say I didn't get to play in lesson number one, nor do I have much hope for lesson two. We are working hard on my bow hold. It stinks. And she says I stand like a teenager...




This guy creeps me out. I find him in various positions in various rooms of my home. Usually naked. 


 We went to the farmer's market and did some minor harvesting in our backyard and I made salsa. Really good salsa.



I sewed a hat for Joshua. It worked and it was fast - my favorite combo. I am inspired to sew more!




Speaking of Joshua, he sleeps like this. Blanket over the face always! Just like daddy and big sister.




We are harvesting like mad. Zucchinis, snap peas, small carrots, potatoes, cilantro, lettuce, rhubarb, green onions. In a few weeks we have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, fava beans and about a million carrots. We really like carrots. I love getting food from the garden and making new recipes with it. Few things make me happier. Looking at the picture below I notice that I am using a good bow hold to grasp that zucchini!


Comments

  1. I also took violin lessons in fourth grade, because my Grandma had a violin. I was awful and didn't like it. I eventually gave the violin to Adam B. I think he got beyond squeaky "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
    My parents bought a piano. I never got very good, but I enjoyed playing it.

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - lesson 2 was just as challenging!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you left a comment because I couldn't remember where your blog was- now I found it! Joshua is scrumptious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! Hey - I don't think I ever responded to that very helpful and generously long e-mail you sent regarding homeschool. I found it very helpful, so Thank You! We've decided to go for it this year and see how it goes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note!

Popular Posts