A Special Day with my Special Girl

It is finally hot here! At about 12:30 I decided Norah and I needed to find a body of water to play in. I didn't feel like getting in the car or walking forever so we took the bike and trailer.

I know nothing about bike upkeep and prayed the tires would hold out on us. They felt dry and when I touched them (the tires) pieces would flake off. Is this bad?

Anyhoo, we clipped on the helmets (after redoing my hair so it would fit :) and took off. -a little side note- It really frustrates me when I see parents telling their kids to wear helmets yet they themselves do not. Your head is just as precious and bikes go really fast and cars don't always watch out for bikers. Protect your head! Many of my friends are probably rolling their eyes right now...the same friends that I would insist wear their seat belts when we were younger. Sometimes I pulled over until they buckled up. Yes, I was that friend...

Getting to the river was easy. It is almost all downhill. I coasted as Norah lounged. We found a boat launch and splashed for a long time

Then we stopped for ice cream. Norah got rainbow and I had a scoop of peanut butter and jelly and a scoop of something called "Slapshot". It was delicious.



Then we sighed, climbed on, and headed for the hill. This hill is the reason I have avoided going too far with the bike trailer. We live on top of the North Hill. Our neighbor is a cell phone tower that I am sure was placed next door because we live on the highest point of the city. This makes coming home hard. But I did it. I tried to get Norah to chant encouraging things as I puffed up the hill; she opted to continue lounging...All 32 pounds of her.

At least she is 32 pounds of joyful company.



Comments

  1. This sounds like a wonderful day! Way to go getting up the hill! And I've never heard of peanut butter and jelly ice cream before...sounds interesting. Oh, and you should share this blog post with your friends who don't wear helmets: http://mealsandmiles.com/2009/03/12/guest-post-kellys-side-of-the-story/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very fun day : ) She is so cute. I can hardly believe it is September now : ( and all of the lake trips are over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note!

Popular Posts