Dairy Free Bliss in a Cup!

I have officially made it 1 full week with ZERO dairy in my diet ( that I was aware of...there was this incident with a Ukrainian massage therapist and her mother's meat rolls - but that is another story). Joshua's skin looks good. Almost really good. It's been a bit hard for me to gauge because it is getting slightly better every day. I have to keep asking friends and family that don't see him every day to make sure it is worth it! And, giving up dairy hasn't been as hard as I expected. I made sure to go to the grocery store on Day 1 and get snacks I could eat. I find dinners aren't too complicated, but quick snacks and easy lunches are a bit trickier.

The hardest thing has been coffee. I love cream; so much. I have experimented with various things and learned to live with what I can have. Today however, I came up with something I would drink even if I could have dairy. Allow me to introduce to you Dairy Free Bliss in a Cup.



It has been majorly sunny and warm and I have been craving iced coffee and blended coffee beverages. Today I created this:

1 pack of Starbucks Via (I like the Colombian blend)
Heaping tablespoon of Coconut milk cream (the cream that separates in the can of coconut milk)
A squirt of chocolate syrup
Chocolate Almond milk
Rice Milk (or any dairy free sub you'd like)
Ice

First, I dissolved the Via in a little hot water

Next I put 1 ice cube, Coconut Cream, chocolate syrup, 1/2 cup or so of Chocolate Almond milk and dissolved via in the Magic Bullet

After all was blended sufficiently, I poured it all over ice and added more Chocolate Almond milk (I used some Vanilla Rice Milk for Jared's because I didn't think he would want his so chocolaty).

So, So Good! Summer can begin.

What are your favorite diary free treats and snacks? I'm good for meals, but could use some more snack suggestions.

Comments

  1. Do you have trader joes in Calgary? They have the BEST substitute for half and half I have ever found. Their organic soy creamer is the bomb...the creamiest most delicious thing that goes in my coffee.
    If you ever wanna talk dairy free, I'm here. :) Been doing it a long time now and don't mind at all.
    Love you friend. I love your blog...thanks for sharing your thoughts. miss you. Enjoy your mama time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note!

Popular Posts