Junk Drawer

I kinda already know that tonight's post is going to be a little bit of everything. A bit like the junk drawer in my kitchen. My mom had a junk drawer and I carry on the tradition proudly. So for tonight's mental junk drawer:

Norah took a bite out of a cascade action pack tonight. Scary few moments there...We called poison control, all is well and I am more convinced than ever that I want to completely switch my home to non-toxic cleaners. I already use Shaklee and love it, but need to re-order dishwasher soap.

We went to Arianna's first birthday today. Arianna is my friend Chantrelle's daughter. She had her birthday at a local park where the kids swam in the wading pool and then plopped soggy bottoms on the grass to stuff their faces with cake and fruit. It was a really fun sunny day of celebration. Thank you God for our healthy and thriving children!

Norah and Friends enjoying some pool time

Photobucket


The Birthday Girl

Photobucket


I made an amazing dinner the other night. I'll posts a picture and try to remember how I did it...First I made some bacon (it was apple wood smoked or something like that) and boiled some pene. Next, I drained the bacon fat and threw some red peppers and garlic in the pan. They cooked for about 5 minutes and then I added the pene, a bunch of arugula, salt, pepper, crumbled bacon and halved mozza balls. This cooks just until the arugula is wilted (maybe 2 to 3 minutes). Oh man, was it ever tasty! And easy!

Photobucket

I can't believe we leave for my brother's wedding in a week! That came fast and I am so excited to see all my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see, what else....I have been very aware of being joyful in the moment. I struggle with always thinking in the future. Most of the time it is only a few hours into the future ie: if Norah wakes up now, she is going to be grumpy at noon which will make it hard to visit with so-and-so....that kind of stuff. I am aware of the problem and hopefully that is the first step to fixing it.

I think that is all for now.

Comments

Popular Posts