A Case of the Grumps



It's not me! I am not the grumpy one today. Perhaps Norah woke up on the wrong side of the crib. She is just contrary. Won't hold my hand, doesn't want to be outside. Wants to go downstairs when we're playing upstairs. She gets frustrated really easily these days when things don't work out like she thinks they should. Sounds like....me. Oh man. Can you catch grumpy like you can the cold? Because if you can, I think she got it from me. Probably on Saturday.

Saturday morning started out bad. First off, it was snowing. I have been warned that this kind of craziness happens around here, but I hadn't really internalized the warning. I had to haul all my plants inside the house so the snow that had piled up could melt. After the snow melted, we brought them all out the garage to stay a bit warmer. It was messy and made me grumpy. No, actually, it didn't make me grumpy - it justified my already grumpy attitude. I don't know why I woke up in such a foul mood and I don't really want to go into exactly how grumpy I was ,but suffice it to say It was Bad. Poor Jared. After a few hours of being awake and puttering around the house trying to think of something that would redeem my weekend, I asked Jared if I could just go back to bed for awhile. And I did. I slept for 2 hours. It was a really deep sleep with dreams and all that. And when I woke up, I felt 100% better. So #1 on the Joy Report;

* An awesome husband who puts up with a grumpy wife (more than puts up with, he actually made me blueberry pancakes) and let's her go back to bed when that is really the only solution.

* Rice Krispie Treats

* Fantastic Mr. Fox. Jared and I watched this movie Saturday night. I had no idea what to expect and I found it quite interesting and easy to watch. I am not really a movie person, so enjoying one is a nice surprise.





* Watching my daughter walk into church and go straight into the nursery. She didn't even look back. I NEVER thought that would happen!

* A very enjoyable coffee date with my sister-in-law Janessa. We wrote out a list of things to do this summer.

* A wonderful visit with Jasmin today. It was great to talk about the future and God and get one another's perspective on things.



Comments

  1. We did have a fun time, didn't we!

    You are wonderful. Even if you get grumpy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note!

Popular Posts