New Shoes!


Today started out well. Norah woke up before I would have liked, but I didn't get grumpy about it. (Plus 1 for this blog) And...I got new shoes! Delivered to my door! And they fit! About a month ago, my father-in-law passed along a gift card he had been given to an online outdoorsy store. He figured he would never get around to using it and maybe I could buy something for my dad or Jared. The store has everything (it is called Cabellas) and I put the card on a shelf and figured we would use it some day. Fast forward a month. I am desperately trying to find shoes for the summer. During my pregnancy my feet grew a whole shoe size. None of my shoes or sandals fit anymore, and because i am now a size 11, finding anything to fit my feet in a store has become difficult. I went to a mall the size of New Brunswick (I was going to say Rhode Island, but when in Rome...) a few weeks back and couldn't find 1 cute sandal or summery shoe in size 11 that didn't make me look like an 80-year-old with joint issues. I was getting kinda depressed about the whole thing when I remembered the gift card. Maybe this store would at least have a flip-flop or something. Well, they had all sorts of shoes - some even in size 11. I ordered 3 pair: 2 pair of Teva sandals and 1 pair of Sanuk's. They are cute, they were free and they fit!

Now for the last 24 hour Joy Report:

* I have been using my Wii fit during Norah's naps. It is a fun way to get in a little exercise.

* I made a very tasty baked potato soup last night, which used up a lot of things in the fridge. And, I made a ton so I don't have to cook for at least 24 hours :)

* Norah and I visited the newly renovated Red Deer Museum today. There is currently a display all about food around the world - how much and what we eat and spend on food. It was very interesting. The best part was this supermarket they have set up for the kids. Tons of play food and shopping carts, a kitchen and a cash register. Norah had fun playing with her friend Evie.

* It's the weekend here in a few hours!


A thought from my devotions:

I asked Jared to tell me what the devotional was about the other day. He said it was about putting Christ "on" first thing in the morning - before you do anything else. It got us talking about how we get ready in the morning so that we can answer the door (to get our new shoes!) and not be embarrassed in our underwear. I do my hair everyday before I eat breakfast because then it is just done and I am ready for when Norah wakes up and begins to take over my day. Shouldn't I really do the same thing with my relationship with Jesus? If I put Him on every morning, I would be ready for when someone calls and gives me bad news or for when Norah wakes up earlier than I expected. I just don't know how to do this and still have time to put my pants on. Any suggestions?




Comments

  1. I'm totally enjoying your joy log. Very inspiring, I must say, to someone who has been just plodding along for a while (me, if you couldn't guess!). Hope you have an awesome weekend. I'll wait for the report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle...you bless me. I LOVE that you found some new shoes that fit...yay! I LOVE your thoughts on putting Jesus first in the morning...that is a fantastic idea...I wanna try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I found your Blog! Love it! I love to hear about your life as a Mom! Very similar to me..I too am not sure how you put your Jesus on and your pants? No time for all of that! But I do know when you put your Jesus on the day starts out so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note!

Popular Posts