It's working already

A few times today I was tempted to drag my heels and then remembered that I was supposed to be looking for reasons to be joyful...so I could blog about them...And guess what? Reminding myself about those joys made me...wait for it...joyful!

So here you go. The last 24 hour Joy Report:

* Norah, Jared and I went to Wendy's for dinner last night. Two great things about that trip: 1, we had coupons for free food which always makes me happy and 2, Norah and I got the giggles at the table. She has just started to recognize that she is funny and she is hamming it up. Made me remember all those times we dreaded going out with her when she was tiny and so unpredictable. Now we can actually enjoy our dinner!

* I got to Skype with my mom this morning. Norah treats it like Gram-me is in the room; bringing her toys over to show off and playing peek-a-boo. That makes it really fun and rewarding for all involved. Norah has such a special relationship with her Gram-me!



*I opened the mailbox today and saw an envelope from the government of Canada addressed to me. Maybe they were kicking me out of the country? Or even worse, asking me to fill out another complicated application for something. Nope. They sent me a large check. Apparently, this country pays you to be a mom. I just received back pay from June. Awesome!



And from my devotions this morning (Jesus Calling):

"It is not so much adverse events that make you anxious as it is your thoughts about those events. Your mind engages in efforts to take control of a situation, to bring about the result you desire. Your thoughts close in on the problem like ravenous wolves. Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life. "


My thoughts do sometimes feel like a ravenous wolf. How much more peaceful it is to dwell in God's presence instead!

Comments

Popular Posts